ABC Horse & Pony Shows
Owners: Montana Ballard and Wickman Gibbs
This competition is to present your horse to the best of your ability! Each breed is judged separately and are judged in alphabetical order. Both genders will enter the arena at the same time per breed (Pets allowed). Best of Breed winners compete for Best in Show.
IMPORTANT INFO & INSTRUCTIONS:
- Check listing of breeds on the sign next to the entry box, pay $100L for an entry form.
- Complete Entry Form (instructions on form) and place into the blue mail box. Use official entry form no substitutes, please do not alter form.
- Entries must be submitted before the deadline Date-Time or before maximum of 85 horses.
- Only owners may enter and are limited to one entry per breed. (Limit 5 breeds).
- Breeds are in alphabetical order, please do not enter your horse(s) in any two breeds back to back. No Exceptions!
- Issued armbands must be worn during the horse show and be returned to the Armband Man near the horse show trailer on the show grounds when you have finished competing.
- All horses are to be handled by adult, human avatars only. As well as no trick riding or podiums will be allowed.
- No augmentations are allowed including adding extra tail, mane, socks or other vanities to the horse.
- Dress Code-Extra Attachments – Dress code NO NUDITY. You should be covered in a PG fashion as not to offend other competitors and spectators.
- We are not responsible for your Internet issues or Second Life connectivity. Judging will begin within 2 minutes time frame after each Breed is announced. No Exceptions! Crashing will result in a waiting period of 2 minutes, then judging will proceed.
Regarding Attachments – One (1) attachment (extra animal) to accentuate the presentation of your chosen outfit. The attachment cannot interfere with another exhibitors’ presentation.
Scripts should be at or under the required limit (script meter placed on Friday before the show at the show grounds).
You are responsible for ensuring all of Number 9 is adhered to. Anyone not adhering to this rule will not be able to enter the arena or will be asked to leave by the Judge and disqualified.
- Knowledge how to mount, rez and move, walk and run (Toggle Run/Walk = Page Down on Keyboard).
- When moving your horse/pony leave space between yourself and the next person. Be patient and don’t run over each other.
- Arrive early to avoid tardiness or No Shows!
- Have equipment on horse/pony and be in proper position before entering arena.
- De-script and remove all unnecessary huds to help with lag.
- Come early if you have concerns or question and/or ask the Gate Stewards.
- Reduce your draw distance for better performance (to about 120)
- Reduce your viewers graphics settings to medium or low.
- Double check your arm band number with the correct horse/pony being shown.
- Please arrive to the show grounds 20 minutes prior to show.
- Issuing of armbands is sent out the Monday prior to show.
- Check in with Gate Stewards if you have a foal that requires a mare.
- Wait for instruction for your breed to be called to the rez area.
ENTERING SHOW ARENA:
- Gate Steward will announce the next breeds for rezzing in the rez area. (Please turn off hover text on your horse/pony)
- The Gate Steward will call the next breed to be judged at which time exhibitors will report to the entrance of the show arena and be ready to enter with correct armband. (there will be a 2-minute warning)
- You will then be instructed by the Gate Steward to go directly to the back fence and to line up.
- Judge will issue instructions on what to do while in the arena. (This will be done in voice and/or chat)
- This may include dismounting, and remounting horse or walk/run ponies in a certain direction.
- Please listen carefully to instructions and remember do not send an IM to the Judge during judging it will not be accepted.
- When accepting your ribbons and/or prizes please do not move until the Ring Steward says “Thank you “
SPORTSMANSHIP & SHOW CONDUCT:
Please refrain from rude comments during the show. Every month we have a different judge that may or may not judge like the previous months judges. We have had just about every breed but a mule win (please no mules). Your chances of winning are as good as any other exhibitor. Our judges show no favoritism and judge accordingly. Their decisions are Final. We as management let each judge use their own discretion. We wish you all the best of luck and have fun!!
The Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are designed to promote Skill, Creativity, and Believability in ABC in a realistic horse show setting! Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are at 6:00 pm SLT, Wednesday nights at the Dixieland Show Arena.
Each week riders may compete for points, trophies, ribbons, and Linden Love! At the end of the series, the top 10 riders with the most points accrued in each class will be invited to compete in our Series High Point Shows and Grand Prix Show Jumping Competitions! See the Information Boards for full details on Show/Jumping dates and times for each series.
Show Jumping is held Wednesdays @ 6 pm and Jumping Practice and Training is held Monday evenings @ 5:30 pm SLT. All information is posted at the Dixieland Show Hub by the arena along with A “Show Pack” with more details.
The arena is open to all for practice and you are free to ride the horses provided at the arena or bring your own! Show staff will be on hand at the Show Arena every Monday 6:00 pm SLT – and we invite you to “Join Us for a fun practice sessions !”
All entries to the Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are free to enter and are open to untrained ABC horses of any breed. Keep an eye out for announcements for more fun classes and shows for ABC Pets, Ponies, and Mules.All decisions of the judges are final. No Exceptions!
The top 10 competitors with highest accumulated point total for the series will be eligible to compete in The Dixieland High-Point Shows and Grand Prix Jumping competitions. Awards will be announced at the end of each class.
• 1st Place: Trophy, Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $1000L
• 2nd Place: Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $500L
• 3rd Place: Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $350L
• 4th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 5th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 6th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 7th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 8th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
* Show Portraits are taken at the end of each show on the photo stand
**4th – 8th Place Very Special Raffle will be drawn at Dixieland High Point and Grand Prix
For more information grab the “Show Pack” located by the grandstands!
For questions contact Rebekah Exonar by notecard in world.
Owner: Dark Moon Rising
*Please join the Dark Moon Rising ABC Sales Showroom Group in world for specific dates & times*
Posh Pony Classic is an all breed ABC pony vanity show. Our mission is to provide a fun venue through which ABC pony breeders can show off their GREAT ponies and be rewarded and acknowledged. It is our hope that this show will be a fun way for pony breeders to enjoy their ABC pony breeding and that it will help to both boost and maintain the ABC pony market.
The Posh Pony Classic show ground is elegant and fashioned after a very formal horse/pony show ground. Winners will receive the linden prizes as noted and in addition, they will receive beautiful award plaques that are personalized in along with ribbons and a prize box with items unique only to the Posh Pony Classic.
-The Posh Pony Classic will feature all 27 breeds of ABC ponies.
-NO ENTRY FEE, it’s free to enter!
-Pony Breeders may enter 5 different breeds.
-5 Entries per breed; Pony owners cannot enter more than 1 pony per breed.
-While you do not have to be the breeder of the pony, ponies that were bred by the breeder entering the pony will receive a Bonus Point!
-Pony Pets will NOT be allowed, newborn foals can be entered, but a pony cannot be entered if it will age out prior to the award ceremony.
Best in Breed & Best in Show Winners will receive Linden Prizes. The Best in Show Prizes are AMAZING! The Best in Show Winners will be chosen by the judges from the Best in Breed Winners.
Overall TOP Best in Show wins 5000L!
Reserve Best in Show wins 3000L
Third Best in Show wins 2000L!
There will be a Best in Breed for all 27 breed categories provided there are at least two entries in that breed.
It will be in everyone’s best interest to show AND get others to show because if there are 5 entries in a single breed category, then the Best in Breed Prize for that breed will be 500L!
If there are 4 entries, then the Best in Breed Prize is 350L.
If there are 3 entries, then the Best in Breed Prize is 250L
If there are 2 entries, then the Best in Breed Prize is 150L.
If there is only one entry, that breed will not be judged so no prizes for just one entry.
Breeders may enter 5 breeds. SO, you have the potential to win 2500L if you take 5 Best in Breed Ribbons! Get everyone you know to show and fill up those categories to increase the prize money!
Owners or a Proxy MUST be present at the award ceremony. If no owner or proxy is present at the time of the award ceremony, then the prize will NOT be awarded. You must be there to win!
Ponies will remain at the show grounds from the time they are entered until after the award ceremony.
Although Double Diamond Ponies have always been popular in most shows, the judging criteria for the Posh Pony Classic will allow those that prefer other traits to have an equal opportunity to win. Judges must follow a judging score sheet which will assess the pony for the following characteristics.
Do the mane & tail match? (Double Diamond, Double Fringe, Any Wavy Mane with Any Wavy Tail, Double Plaited, Up Mane/Up Tail, Running Braid/Bob or Bun, Double Long, Double Medium, Double Short, Roach with Bob/Bun)
*Do the feet match?
*Does the pony have a rare coat (the 2 rarest on the ABC website)?
*Does the pony have a rare eye? (Any eye at or below 0.4% on the grid)?
*Does the pony have a rare facial marking? (Any facial marking below 3% on the grid)?
*Do the pony’s traits/vanities complement the coat & breed?
*Was the pony bred by the owner? (Bonus Point!)
Each of the above judging criteria are worth 1 point only.. The 3 Judge’s scorecards will be tallied and the pony in each breed with the highest number of points will win Best in Breed. The 2nd highest points will receive Reserve Best in Breed.
For Best in Show, each judge will choose 3 ponies from the Best in Breed Winners. The placement will be decided by top number of points each pony has. If there is a tie, prize money between the two tied places will be combined and split between the two winners. Judges cannot work together or share their scores with anyone prior to the ceremony.
The show is a 100 donation/sponsorship supported endeavor. Sponsor’s logos will be displayed on the large screen at the Posh Pony Classic elegant show ground and will be featured on the Dark Moon Rising website.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, we would certainly welcome you! If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact DharmaLoveLace Resident for a sponsorship form. Donations will also be accepted at the show ground.
Please submit a ticket and tell us about it!