ABC Horse & Pony Shows
Owners: Montana Ballard and Wickman Gibbs
This competition is to present your horse to the best of your ability! Each breed is judged separately and are judged in alphabetical order. Both genders will enter the arena at the same time per breed (Pets allowed). Best of Breed winners compete for Best in Show.
IMPORTANT INFO & INSTRUCTIONS:
- Check listing of breeds on the sign next to the entry box, pay $100L for an entry form.
- Complete Entry Form (instructions on form) and place into the blue mail box. Use official entry form no substitutes, please do not alter form.
- Entries must be submitted before the deadline Date-Time or before maximum of 85 horses.
- Only owners may enter and are limited to one entry per breed. (Limit 5 breeds).
- Breeds are in alphabetical order, please do not enter your horse(s) in any two breeds back to back. No Exceptions!
- Issued armbands must be worn during the horse show and be returned to the Armband Man near the horse show trailer on the show grounds when you have finished competing.
- All horses are to be handled by adult, human avatars only. As well as no trick riding or podiums will be allowed.
- No augmentations are allowed including adding extra tail, mane, socks or other vanities to the horse.
- Dress Code-Extra Attachments – Dress code NO NUDITY. You should be covered in a PG fashion as not to offend other competitors and spectators.
- We are not responsible for your Internet issues or Second Life connectivity. Judging will begin within 2 minutes time frame after each Breed is announced. No Exceptions! Crashing will result in a waiting period of 2 minutes, then judging will proceed.
Regarding Attachments – One (1) attachment (extra animal) to accentuate the presentation of your chosen outfit. The attachment cannot interfere with another exhibitors’ presentation.
Scripts should be at or under the required limit (script meter placed on Friday before the show at the show grounds).
You are responsible for ensuring all of Number 9 is adhered to. Anyone not adhering to this rule will not be able to enter the arena or will be asked to leave by the Judge and disqualified.
- Knowledge how to mount, rez and move, walk and run (Toggle Run/Walk = Page Down on Keyboard).
- When moving your horse/pony leave space between yourself and the next person. Be patient and don’t run over each other.
- Arrive early to avoid tardiness or No Shows!
- Have equipment on horse/pony and be in proper position before entering arena.
- De-script and remove all unnecessary huds to help with lag.
- Come early if you have concerns or question and/or ask the Gate Stewards.
- Reduce your draw distance for better performance (to about 120)
- Reduce your viewers graphics settings to medium or low.
- Double check your arm band number with the correct horse/pony being shown.
- Please arrive to the show grounds 20 minutes prior to show.
- Issuing of armbands is sent out the Monday prior to show.
- Check in with Gate Stewards if you have a foal that requires a mare.
- Wait for instruction for your breed to be called to the rez area.
ENTERING SHOW ARENA:
- Gate Steward will announce the next breeds for rezzing in the rez area. (Please turn off hover text on your horse/pony)
- The Gate Steward will call the next breed to be judged at which time exhibitors will report to the entrance of the show arena and be ready to enter with correct armband. (there will be a 2-minute warning)
- You will then be instructed by the Gate Steward to go directly to the back fence and to line up.
- Judge will issue instructions on what to do while in the arena. (This will be done in voice and/or chat)
- This may include dismounting, and remounting horse or walk/run ponies in a certain direction.
- Please listen carefully to instructions and remember do not send an IM to the Judge during judging it will not be accepted.
- When accepting your ribbons and/or prizes please do not move until the Ring Steward says “Thank you “
SPORTSMANSHIP & SHOW CONDUCT:
Please refrain from rude comments during the show. Every month we have a different judge that may or may not judge like the previous months judges. We have had just about every breed but a mule win (please no mules). Your chances of winning are as good as any other exhibitor. Our judges show no favoritism and judge accordingly. Their decisions are Final. We as management let each judge use their own discretion. We wish you all the best of luck and have fun!!
The Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are designed to promote Skill, Creativity, and Believability in ABC in a realistic horse show setting! Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are at 6:00 pm SLT, Wednesday nights at the Dixieland Show Arena.
Each week riders may compete for points, trophies, ribbons, and Linden Love! At the end of the series, the top 10 riders with the most points accrued in each class will be invited to compete in our Series High Point Shows and Grand Prix Show Jumping Competitions! See the Information Boards for full details on Show/Jumping dates and times for each series.
Show Jumping is held Wednesdays @ 6 pm and Jumping Practice and Training is held Monday evenings @ 5:30 pm SLT. All information is posted at the Dixieland Show Hub by the arena along with A “Show Pack” with more details.
The arena is open to all for practice and you are free to ride the horses provided at the arena or bring your own! Show staff will be on hand at the Show Arena every Monday 6:00 pm SLT – and we invite you to “Join Us for a fun practice sessions !”
All entries to the Dixieland Schooling Shows and Show Jumping Series are free to enter and are open to untrained ABC horses of any breed. Keep an eye out for announcements for more fun classes and shows for ABC Pets, Ponies, and Mules.All decisions of the judges are final. No Exceptions!
The top 10 competitors with highest accumulated point total for the series will be eligible to compete in The Dixieland High-Point Shows and Grand Prix Jumping competitions. Awards will be announced at the end of each class.
• 1st Place: Trophy, Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $1000L
• 2nd Place: Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $500L
• 3rd Place: Large Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and $350L
• 4th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 5th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 6th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 7th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
• 8th Place: Ribbon, *Show Portrait, and **Special Raffle Entry
* Show Portraits are taken at the end of each show on the photo stand
**4th – 8th Place Very Special Raffle will be drawn at Dixieland High Point and Grand Prix
For more information grab the “Show Pack” located by the grandstands!
For questions contact Rebekah Exonar by notecard in world.
Please submit a ticket and tell us about it!